The Basics

Who can use FSG’s services?

FSG’s services are available to anyone. If you live or work in Glencoe you are eligible for a sliding fee scale.

Can I use your services if I don’t live or work in Glencoe?

Yes. Residents of other communities are charged $150 per counseling session.

How do I make a counseling or parent consultation appointment?

Appointments can be made by calling our office at 847-835-5111.

What is your cancellation policy?

If an appointment is missed without advanced notification, you may be charged the full session fee.

What can I expect to happen at my first session? How can I prepare for it?

At your first therapy session, the therapist will ask a series of questions to understand how to help you. For example, if you are experiencing a problem within your family, the therapist will want to know who lives in the home with you. The therapist might ask you if you’ve sought help before and what that experience was like for you. Prepare for your session by thinking about what has brought you to this point in time. Why are you seeking help? What has worked in the past and what has not? Additionally, you should ask the therapist questions you have about the process of therapy.

How do I go about finding the right therapist for me?

We will take information from you during your initial call to the office. After review of that information, one of our experienced therapists will contact you to schedule an appointment.

How can I get involved in a parent group?

There are many ongoing groups available to join. Click here to fill out the online form and our program director will contact you.

My elderly neighbor is struggling. Can you help?

FSG provides counseling services to people of all ages. If his or her needs are beyond the scope of our services, we can refer you to other community resources.

I know someone in the community who has a substance abuse problem. Can you help?

FSG has therapists experienced in counseling those struggling with substance abuse. The individual should contact FSG directly to schedule an appointment.

I need assistance in paying for my child’s extra-curricular activity. Can you help?

Partnering with the Glencoe Park District and School District 35, FSG provides confidential financial assessment for scholarship eligibility. FSG does not fund the scholarship; it makes recommendations based on guidelines from the funding organizations.